Supporting orphans in our communities is something that we are enjoined to do and something that we should celebrate doing.
Blessing orphans, providing them with opportunities for education, recreation, play, relaxation and broadening their horizon, in addition to providing not only for their daily needs but exposing them to vocational and computer training, are part and parcel of what motivated the IBWU Foundation’s Little Angels Orphanage Care Program.
IBWU Foundation have identified two Orphanages, namely;
1. The Eghosa Orphanage Home, 41, Gapiona Avenue, off Oko Central Road, GRA, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
2. Bale of Mercy Orphanage Home, at 16 Akinola St, Somolu 100242, Lagos, Nigeria and Landscape Pre-School, a pre- School located at 29 Oyedele Ogunbiyi Street, Mudy Lane, behind Mudy Africa Fashion House, Anthony Village, Lagos, Nigeria.
IBWU Foundation, under its Little Angels Orphanage Care Program at the Eghosa Orphanage Home and Landscape Pre-School/ Bale of Mercy Orphanage Home, would be providing as follows:
• Play space for the children at the Eghosa Orphanage Home with artificial grass.
• Donations of an array of children’s books & other books, to both orphanages/preschool touching on different topics donated by individuals from IBWU Canada and other individuals in Canada and which has been shipped to Nigeria, by IBWU.
• Donation of clothes, toys and other items donated by individuals from IBWU Canada and other individuals in Canada and which has been shipped to Nigeria, by IBWU.
• Book shelves/Book library to house the donated books for use by the children at Eghosa and the GRA community, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
• Two sewing machines to be used for teaching the children at Eghosa and the GRA community, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, how to sew and learn fashion design.
• Some Clothes racks and hangers for the children’s clothing at Eghosa.
• A sewing machine and a hemming machine to be used for teaching the children at Mercy Orphanage and Landscape Preschool, both in Lagos Nigeria how to sew and learn fashion design.
• Two desktops, wireless enabled, so the kids can, in addition to sewing, can learn, coding, word, excel, PowerPoint, website development etc.
IBWU Foundation would also be working with the Friends of Funmi Dosunmu Ayoola (“FOFDA”), for the intervention at Landscape Pre-School/ Bale of Mercy Orphanage Home and in other communities in Lagos State, Nigeria.
FOFDA is a private based not for profit charity initiative, which strives to change lives, by improving the welfare of the less privileged and most vulnerable in the society. Focus is on families, building a thriving and strong family base.
Impacting the lives of our Little Angels and the Community
– This Partnership is a collaboration which aims at meeting the needs of the orphans, while also benefitting other children in the community by exposing them to vocational training and computer/coding skills, as well as giving other children in the community access to the book banks set up at the Orphanages and Preschool.
– All parties are committed to having events which benefit their communities as well.
– IBWU Foundation looks forward to working with other organisation in expanding its Little Angels Orphanage Care Program.