Buoyed by its vision of making positive impacts in the lives of the Nigerian people one little step at a time, IBWU Foundation, in collaboration with the Olorunsheyi Foundation and DOT Glasses, started this outreach to touch the lives of the Nigerian people all over the country.
The aim of the initiative is to donate a total of 1000 glasses to the elderly, teenagers and young persons in our communities, all over Nigeria.
In Association with the organisations below, outreaches have now been scheduled as follows:
• August 6, 2022, at Dayspring Chapel, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria,
• August 17, 2022, with the Ashake Foundation, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
• August 27, 2022 @ The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM) Orile Iganmu, Lagos, Nigeria
• August 26, 2022 – August 27, 2022 – with JCI Heartland, Owerri, Imo State.
DOT Glasses is a Czech company that has developed a radical solution to address the needs of the world’s 1 billion people that are visually impaired but have no access to prescription eyeglasses. There are two components to the solution: one-size-fits-all eyeglass frames with constrained lens program; and radically simplified testing solution. The two elements together provide the lowest end-to-end eyeglass costs, as well as reducing the need for vision care specialists.
In addition to the donation of the prescription glasses to the less privileged by the IBWU Foundation & Sunday Olorunsheyi Foundation, DOT Glasses would train candidates put forward by the partners and organisations that IBWU would be collaborating with, who would learn the DOT Glasses process for testing and administering the glasses and who would do the administering on the day of each outreach, assisted by DOT Glasses staff.
The trainees may also wish to continue with the Prescription glasses business with DOT Glasses.
The training, which commenced virtually in mid July 2022, would be both virtual and in-person and as noted above, DOT Glasses, would be in attendance at each outreach.
Outreach and partnership
– This Partnership is a collaboration which aims at meeting the needs of underserved communities with respect to providing better vision.
– IBWU Foundation looks forward to expanding the programme.