IBWU Foundation acknowledges the contribution that skilled trades make to the economy.
IBWU Foundation also recognize that international students studying abroad need all the support that they are able to get.
This Bursary award in the amount of $500 each to 6 Nigerian International Students studying in Colleges in Ontario is in line with IBWU Foundation’s vision to continue to be a bastion of support to ordinary Nigerians. This bursary award is to encourage and motivate post-secondary students to seek careers in skilled trades.
- Applicants must be International Student from Nigeria or a Protected Person/Convention Refugee from Nigeria within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) prior to the application deadline date.
- Applicants must be in their 2nd year of an eligible skilled trade program of study. The eligible skilled trades courses are; plumbing, electrician (including solar energy installer), Railway car technician, commercial vehicle Equipment, heavy duty equipment Technician, IT Hardware Technician, Drywall Finisher and Plasterer, Truck-Trailer Service Technician, Precast Concrete Finisher, Reinforcing Rod worker, Facilities Technician, Electronic Service Technician and IT Network Technician.
- Applicants must be registered full-time.
- Applicants must demonstrate willingness to provide mentorship to current and prospective students in skilled trades training programs at Colleges in Ontario and commit to participating in co-curricular events.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum of 3.0 grade point average.
- There shall be a financial eligibility assessment
- Short-listed applications may be invited to an interview held by the selection committee.
- Applicants will be required to upload a current resume, listing work and/or volunteer experience; as well as, any extra-curricular activities in the community or school.
- Applicants shall prepare a 1 page narrative on what they intend to do after their qualification.
- All applicants will be notified of a decision by email after the deadline. Note, short-listed applicants may be invited to an interview held by the selection committee.
- Download application form here: Application for Bursary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 31, each year at 11:59 p.m.